If you have COVID-19 symptoms or are concerned that you have been exposed to the virus, call the UNC help line at 1-888-850-2684 before visiting our office, an urgent care location, hospital, or emergency room.
If you are having difficulty breathing, call 911 or seek immediate treatment.
Please read more if wish to schedule or have an upcoming appointment.
Our office is open. All services are available. Already stringent cleaning and sterilization processes have been heightened.
We are now offering Telehealth, also know as Telemedicine visits. Find more information in the FAQ section.
Our schedules have been modified to ensure social distancing.
We are using the patient portal to respond to routine questions and to communicate appointment information. Please check your messages.
In order to reduce risk of exposure to our patients and staff, we respectfully request that all patients:
- Wear a face covering
- Park in our back lot, entrance is limited to the rear door
- Do not bring visitors at this time
- Ultrasounds may be attended remotely by a family member or friend through our telehealth platform
Call our triage nurse the day before your appointment, if you have:
- Had a recent onset or worsening cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste or fever
- Tested for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Been in close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive or has been tested in the past 14 days
Please expect to be screened for COVID-19 upon arrival. If there is any concern, we will request that you return to your car. Our triage nurse will greet you and determine whether to proceed with the appointment.
If you need to drop off or pick up paperwork. Please stay in your car and call us. We will deliver.
For more information visit the CDC and NCDHHS websites for the latest developments.